Friday, December 3, 2010

Salta, Argentina August 2010

Finally, a much needed shower with piping hot water. I met all the folks staying in my dorm room before I took off to wash, after I was clean but before makeup, one of the boys re-introduced himself to me. Weird, I thought but ok. Later he confessed that he didn't recognize me at all because when I first came in he though i was a hippie chick with dreads... WOW! Dude, it was a really long and hard journey for us but from now on I will really make it a point to cleanse myself more often than the point which my hair may be confused with dreads... Bad…
The hostel was supposed to have a rad BBQ and great veg food so my buddy Rauld and I agreed to head upstairs to participate. Unfortunately, there was some confusion and no veg food was offered. After all disasters with veg food in the Salar, I was no longer willing to fight. Instead, I
drank wine along side the lettuce and tomatoes I was served... After a glass or so and a bit of nasty fernet (the nearly official drink of Argentina) we decided to go out. As we were an entire dorm room of people there were far too many of us to fit in a cab so (thanks to Rauld) we got a man in a pick-up truck to haul the lot of us to the club and dump us off right in front of a heap of cops (who could have cared less). The first bar was crowded but fun, good Salta beer and convo. Then to club XXI, mega fun, dancing loads with locals and my little German gal pal, Veronica. Finally made our way home in the wee hours of the morn around 5:45 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment