Friday, December 10, 2010

Bike Ride? Nope, Not for Erin

September 13th, 2010

All the rommies and Ben went on a bike tour of the city today. Since Juan and I had been doing quite a bit of driving and bus riding about the town I felt like peddling through puddles on a cloudy and potentially rainy day didn´t sound particularly appealing, so I declined. In all the chaos of everyone leaving the apartment, Ben left his sweatshirt... surprise. David gave him the keys so he could run back in and grab it. Somehow Ben managed to lock me inside the apartment while I was sleeping. When I awoke, I ate breakfast and got ready to go to yoga (I have started practicing Bikram yoga here in BA) then tried to leave, you know by opening the front door, like normal people do. I am not new to opening doors but this was impossible. I tried and tried. I used every key combo to get that door open but to no avail... Juan called several times that day to offer no more assistance than to laugh at the fact that I couldn´t open my door. Thanks. This situation was exacerbated by the fact that we recently decided our apartment was haunted. (A few days earlier our friend Julian saw a man in a blue shit wave and smile to him as he walked by the kitchen toward the bedroom. This would have been just fine except for the fact that only he and Carly were home... eeeeeeeeeeee creepy. It gives me the heebe jeebies). Back to being locked inside my own home. I tried everything possible and had no clue that the issue was due to a semi-broken lock. Eight hours later my friends returned from the bike ride to find me near death due to sheer boredom. Apparently, you are not able to lock the top lock from the outside because there is no way to escape... Lucky we learned this now and now when there was a fire in the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment