Friday, December 17, 2010

The Apartment Situation in Latin America

Credit must be given to Carly Klineberg for this post entirely!

Posted on October 13, 2010 by carlyjk

So whilst I was away in Cordoba the agency e-mailed me going on about the rent. We were a day late paying and they were being really rude. This is an example

Carly; you are putting yourself in problems. The owner is very upset and she wants the apartment back.
Please contact with us intermediately. On Monday we do not work….

El 8 de octubre de 2010 13:26, .:: SanTelmo 1887 ::. escribió:
Dear Carly:

Nobody was answer yet…we are closed at weekend. The total amount have to payid TODAY!

Please call us as soon as possible! we are until 18:00hs.

Regards, Agustina.

This was not the worst of it. The maid had been saying that there were 5 people living in the apartment and we had to pay more, that we had broken the washing machine (we hadn’t it had come loose from the wall on its own) and that we had broken a plug socket.

This is what I sent back…

Hello.

I hear the boys have been in to pay the rent. As I have just got back the office will be closed by the time I get the bus to San Telmo so I will have to come in first thing on Tuesday.

The boys tell me that you said there were five people living in the apartment. I would like to assure you that there most definately is not five people living here and in fact there is usualy less than four of us. I do not know where this unreliable information came from but it has obviously not been thoroughly checked.

The apartment is clean and tidy at all times and we look after it very well. We have done well not to break the chairs as when we moved in two of them were extremely unstable. We have to make sure that no one sits on them. The lightbulb in the entrance area needs changing as it does not work and there is a plug socket that is actually hanging off the wall and has been since we moved in. It does not look safe at all. The clothes washer is also not working properly. We usually use the laundry service in San Telmo so it is not due to heavy loads that it has stopped working.

I do not know why the owner is upset. I am upset that we have no chairs, are being accused of having five people living here, can not see when it gets dark and can not wash our clothes in the apartment that we rent.

I rent my own houses in England and I have had problems one hundred times greater than this and that is when I make sure all the services are running correctly.

I will see you on Tuesday morning

Regards

When I went in on Tuesday morning they were lovely. What a suprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment