Friday, December 3, 2010

Mega Bus Adventure Across Argentina

Longest bus ride!!! A solid 22 hours from Salta to Buenos Aires. The bus company promised vegetarian food about 400 times and then never delivered. I must have looked devastated when the conductor brought the meaty food around because I could tell he felt badly. He kept making me tea and bringing me snacks of crackers and cookies. Not exactly a veg meal but it was a nice gesture.
I met a really sweet Mama and daughter on the bus and hung out with them. Maria (mom) is from Bolivia but now they all live in Sweden. Cool folks. Amanda (daughter) is only 16 and knows about 5 languages- so awesome. They were my pals along the long venture and even requested movies in English (they said they were too corny when dubbed over in Spanish). Mama Maria even bought me an ice cream at one of the stops! The people truly make the place and these lovely people made all the places from Salta to Buenos Aires lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment