Friday, December 17, 2010

Carly Turns 25! October 23rd 2010

Carly, I love you dearly and you wrote such a great account of the goings-on of your 25th b-day that I decided to post the thing in its entirety.

For all you reading the credit of this post is due to Miss Carly, the photos, as usual, are mine. Enjoy.


¨So my birthday went great. Juan and Erin woke me up in the morning with a blender they had bought me for my birthday which was really sweet of them. I dragged myself up to get ready and went with Jose and Erin to the supermarket to get some food and beer for the party. It is a good job Jose had his car because otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to carry all of the beer home that we bought! There were about 30 huge bottles of beer (they don’t sell beer in cans here). I couldn’t even get the trolley up the kerb when we came out of the supermarket.

Juan made hummus, nachos and guacamole and we did cheese and salami with crackers. Simple but good. Loads of people came including two of the guys from the hostel America del sur that we stayed at when we first got here. There were about 30 people here including some American girls that the boys met at a bar one night and a couple of Aussie guys, Marlon and Alex that I met in the first week here also came. There was Juan’s sister Margarita, Juan, Jose, Pedro, Alegro (one of Juan’s friends who had cut his lip shaving and was bleeding everywhere. It was going for hours. We tried putting ice on it, tissue and even sugar but nothing worked. We just ended up with a few bloody fingerprints on random objects throughout the apartment). Alegro speaks very good English as he went to a catholic school in Buenos Aires when he was a kid. There were so many Irish kids there that he spoke the same level of English they did at 12 years old…not that that is saying much ((sorry Irish kids but it’s true)) so he is really easy to talk to). Jose brought one of his friends, I know he was a doctor but I can not remember his name. Kevin brought the Mexican girl he has been seeing for the past few weeks. Ben came with ONE beer. Typical. Julian came. Pretty much everyone I wanted to be there.

Pedro had organised entry into a club called Terrazzas so we left the house at about half one and jumped in a few cabs there. The queue was huge and I needed to go to the bathroom so Erin volunteered to go with me to the bushes [I must amend this portion because it was actually me, Erin, who was the lookout and Kevin the one using the bushes as the bathroom, thank you just the same]. Kevin came to so we got him to keep a lookout. I was not going to put that in the blog but Adam asked me if anything happened that I wouldn’t write in the blog and I said no so ta daaa, there you are.

It was great to have everyone that I really liked out on my birthday, it made me feel a little less strange about turning 25! The club was really nice, big with different rooms and different variations of the usual generic music that they play here. I think it’s a certainty that your going to here Pan Americana and Lady Gaga wherever you go though.

It transpires that Marlon the Aussie is actually friends with the guys who made Pan Americana doncha know.

Alex the little Aussie may be small but his elbows are pretty darn sharp. They love their violent dancing the Aussies do! Anyway after breaking into groups, losing and finding and losing and bumping into each other again (such as what happens in clubs there was always great celebration on finding another member of the group, as though they were a long lost friend not seen in several years)…and after the skilled avoidance of several determined guys, also after finding the roof and climbing onto a little Terrace with Marlon, Pedro and David (Alex never made it to the end of the night as he was thrown out for the same offence, little known to us) we went home.

Marlon, Pedro, David and I got a lift back with Pedro. We pretty much finished all of the food that was left and tried to get some sleep on the sofas. Pedro and I on one and Marlon on the other (Marlon is really tall).

David put Pan Americana on the speakers (there was NO stopping him) at least five times and was dancing round the room with a pillow on his face. Maybe it was because he didn’t manage to bring a girl back for once and was feeling a bit restless but he was determined to keep everyone else up. After Pedro and I joined Kevin in the bedroom to try and get some sleep, David came in to drag Pedro up. I got up to tell them to turn the music down to find Pedro dancing round the living room and on the sofa with a blanket over his head and David standing on the sofa over Marlon waving his bum in poor Marlon’s sleeping face. How Marlon was actually sleeping through this I will never know. Marlon then woke up to express his annoyance that this was all happening to him to the tune of his friends song (which is how we found out about the Pan Americana thing). In the end Kevin had to get up to make David turn off the music.¨

No comments:

Post a Comment