Thursday, July 1, 2010

¿Donde esta la Home Depot?

In Urubamba, we live at the base of a snow covered mountain, albeit the snow is relatively minimal and quite far but the fact remains that it still exists in relative proximity to my adobe home. During a lesson of natural medicine, I asked Leonie why the color of her finger nails was so different than mine. "Because you're anemic and I'm not," she replied simply. Hummm so that was that. It was something I had suspected but now that Leonie confirmed it, I knew I needed to take action. My first step was obvious, I needed to find some dark green leafy veg & other iron rich vegetarian food sources. Then Leonie informed me that I could easily get iron if I did the following: purchase 3 nails from the hardware store, insert them into a red apple, leave them overnight & then scarf down the apple in the morning. I could reuse the nails for about 5 days before I would have leached all the iron from them. With time, these steps should provide my body with additional iron and as a result, eventually should enable my body to cope with the cold better than it has been. With this in mind I am off to the hardware store. Hopefully, this will be the last you hear of the cold from me!!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have your tetanus shot! What color are her nails?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it sure looks like you're having the adventure of a lifetime! I will look and see how this all began...I love you so much, Erin. Hope I see you soon when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she specify what kind of nail? I think I'd avoid galvanized, as I've no idea how to translate "zinc toxicity" into Spanish. If they've got several different kinds in the same gauge, I'd go for the bendiest one, as it'll have the lowest carbon content. Blahblahblah... But look! It really works! http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119557233/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

    ReplyDelete