Friday, January 14, 2011

Mar del Plata Continued

As the cars pulled away from the curb, Juan, Toro and I waved them goodbye. To me it seemed a completely natural thing to do but Toro laughed and commented that it was ¨just like in the movies.¨ My goodness, the life of a north American is so cliche…. I never knew…

With the majority of the group gone back to the city we spent the next ten days entertaining ourselves at the beach, fixing up the house, cooking, meeting new friends, running and watching the rain. Oh and how could I forget the THRILLING game of Tejo, the boring beach game that stole my boyfriend from me daily… Here I am sat on the beach, typing away as Juan and Toro throw wooden disks across the sand. NO, don´t worry. I am fine. Not bored at all… at least there are myriad people to watch and games to play like, who got the better deal and best beach body and who´s dad is that guy.. Obviously, I play these by myself as I sip a Fernet and diet Coke…


No, but really, the beach is lovely and the relaxing week of vacation from our normal daily vacation lives felt fantastic. So good that I have now begun to ponder what it would be to rejoin the working world… Perhaps this is something I will do in the near future?


1 comment:

  1. The beach looks like a good place to hang out. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete