Monday, May 17, 2010

Safety

Another song to add to the soundtrack of my life, that Gwen Steffani song that says something about the "shit is bananas..." Everyday that I am in Peru I say that exact statement to myself about one thing or another. Here are a few gems that I have gathered in my few short days:

Fried chicken and Burger King delivery motorcycles, like that crap isn´t accessible enough? Umm they call it fast food for a reason, because it only takes about a minute to get it once you order it!! Apparently, that isn´t fast enough and people need to have it delivered to them. But I suppose if you are looking for a way to fast track yourself to being a fatty then that may be just the ticket for you.

Car seats, obviously an impractical concept. I guess it is totally normal to fit 9 people in a vehicle intended to haul 5... and to let your 18 month old roam around the car as she pleases... I suppose if you are going with this logic it may also be totally legit to allow her to wake the foreign girl by ripping one of her earrings right out of her head and it is probably not gross at all if she sneezes on the stranger girl´s face...twice... Understanding that she is a child, I assume one may note that her desired position on the center console would make her an ideal projectile if any sort of collision may occur... but why interfere when this post was most appealing to the child and brought her such joy as it provided her with the perfect position to repeatedly beat me with a beaded hat...

Red lights are totally optional, as long as you honk as you fly through the intersection it will somehow provide a blanket of protection from oncoming traffic.

I am certain that I will have more to say on the topic of safely in the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment